tirsdag 19. mai 2009

Random update!

Yay! I have been busy celebrating the norwegian national day (17.may), plus the Eurovision victory! Go Norway! :D Be prepared for tomorrow, when Norway will rule the world!!! (..then again maybe not..)

Anyways, I guess I should mention a little bit about what exactly I'm making for Roblox. I can reveal as much as that I've discovered how complex making a scripted house of varying size really is! Not only do I want a house to be variable in size, I want the script to easily put in the correct amount of windows, a door (or two), several stories if I want to.
As of now I'm testing with about 300-500 houses in each city. If I can successfully keep each city below 8000 blocks, I will be happy ^^ Right now this goal seems hard to keep, since I'm going to add more stuff to put into this city eventually (which in turn will mean more blocks).
I'm currently finishing up the basic house-shape with windows, walls, doors, and also I've successfully placed the houses next to the roads I've made. The cities I've created so far are really empty, and the houses look kind of stupid due to lack of roofing/flooring. Also the houses themselves are still empty, but that will change soon, I hope.
I will upload another spoiler picture once I got roofing on my houses ^^

Killing some rumors:
-Spore was a bit fun playing through once, but Left 4 Dead and Dwarf Fortress got my attention these days!
-Most of my places are broken due to Roblox being updated. I might fix some of them eventually.
-I usually don't read messages on Roblox, don't bother asking me for donations or to help you script. Your pm will in these cases go unanswered.

What next? Whats missing? Why can't I just upload my new place now, if it kind of works?
-My place is empty and boring right now. I will upload it once it is finished enough.
-Still need to add in skyscrapers, items, gameplay, and other stuff I might think of.

And now a random ad I made about dwarf fortress. Seriously, its the best game ever, so visit "www.Bay12Games.com/Dwarves" today for the awesomest game ever!


1 kommentar:

  1. Like random generated cities with random buildings?
    Sounds completely new.

    And yes,Norway's song sounded a lot better then the one my own country(Holland)performed,which SUCKED.

    SvarSlett