torsdag 21. mai 2009

A little teaser!

I still got a list of things to do before I release this place to the roblox community, but its getting there. Too bad there is alot of sun these days, thus resulting in me spending less time in front of my computer, and also, scripting Roblox-stuffs. So far I got around 500 lines of code in one script to generate something like this:

Everything on that picture is randomly generated, of course ;) And many more lines of code to come! :D The city need to look better, houses need stairs (or ramps... to save on the number of blocks), plus there are still a few issues with the roadnetwork. House interiors are still missing, as well as any form of gameplay.

As always, I will probably release a script at some time to let people script their own cities/housing later on. Should probably make it require scripting-knowledge in order to avoid filling the front page with "OMG random city, best place ever!!!"-places made by anyone... I still remember what happened after I released my original bread factory onto Roblox! (Bread factory place copies were everywhere!)

In other news, my Grow-a-brick received a quick-fix the other day, but I guess most people have noticed by now. Was weird seeing my place on the front page again, but glad it was so easy to fix! (Turns out ObjectValues can no longer hold models as their value..)
As for fixing other places, I'm not so sure it will happen any time soon. Farm tycoon is kind of complex with alot of stuff going on, so fixing that place will be a much bigger job than fixing grow-a-brick. The same goes for Miners heaven, though that place will probably receive a make-over once I've finished up my current city-thingy ^^

2 kommentarer:

  1. It's true that there was bread factory tycoon everywhere, most without credits and some with VIP shirts! Well... not everyone in Roblox is a noob. http://www.roblox.com/Item.aspx?ID=5860949

    By the way, great to see you back to roblox. UBERUBERT FTW!

    -- SirGelatina

    SvarSlett
  2. i have a account witht the bread factory (named it cake factory) and i did gave credits but SirGelatina i did not had vip shirt because im nice and i gave free vip but Uberubert is lucky the Bread factory tycoon broken (Factory2ferdi/NLferdiNL)

    SvarSlett